answer all questions from literal biblical concept in good English
Spring 2016 PMIN 511: Pastoral Care, Counseling and Conflict
Book: Van Deusen Hunsinger, Deborah. Pray Without Ceasing: Revitalizing Pastoral Care. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2006
1. What, according to the author is â€œat the heart of Christian lifeâ€?
2. What, according to theologian Karl Barth is the definition of â€œcure of souls?â€
3. What does discernment of anotherâ€™s true need require?
4. What is the central purpose of Christian pastoral care?
5. How does the â€œpriesthood of all believersâ€ relate to pastoral care?
6. What is the criterion by which we judge the value of any gift (for ministry)?
7. What is the ordained pastorâ€™s role in the community?
8. How does a community build and express koinonia?
9. What is the result if pastoral caregivers immerse themselves in the Psalms?
10 What was the attitude and practice of the fathers and mothers of the early church, monasteries and converts of the Middle Ages, Reformers of the sixteenth century practice when it came to Scripture?
11. What is a â€œtypologicalâ€ reading of the textâ€“explain.
12. How do we judge the ideologies or movements for social change?
13. What is lectio divina (define) and what are its separate parts?
14. How do we show love for God?
15. In listening to others, what do pastoral caregivers need?
16. What did St. Vincent de Paul state about the ministry of listening and presence?
17. Briefly explain â€œempathetic listening.
18. What are the steps in Rosenbergâ€™s model of empathy/empathetic listening?
19a. To learn to listen deeply, one must learn to connect a personâ€™s feelings with what else? b. If one connects only to anotherâ€™s feelings, what is the result (in pastoral care/listening)?
20. What are the three skills of good listening?
21. Essay question: Explain the theology of kononia.
22. What is one of the major factors that prevent people when listening well?
23. A. What are some possible problems with Gendlinâ€™s process of focusing? B. Do you agree/disagree with this process-briefly explain.
24. What happens when you try to eliminate or suppress your feelings?
25. The author notes the importance of relaxation in focusing and states that â€œAny kind of body awareness training- . . .yoga, Feldenkrais, tâ€™ai chi, and qugong . . .can provide understanding of the connection between breathing and relaxation. What are the problems inherent, in Christian pastoral care, relating to the above-named methods? Be specific.
26. The author gives an example of a pastor who was â€œverbally attackedâ€ in a pastoral care situation. a. Describe the pastorâ€™s focused response. b. Do you agree with this response as a biblically-supported approachâ€”explain.
27. Explain the process of transference, as understood in pastoral care and counseling.
28. Explain why simply â€œidentifying a feelingâ€ doesnâ€™t give the pastoral care-giver enough information to move to action.
29. â€œSelf-empathyâ€ implies what about how a pastoral care-giver will attend to oneâ€™s self?
30. According to Karl Bath, what is the real basis for prayer?
31. What is the daily bread that sustains pastoral care-givers?
32. What are the temptations from which pastoral care-givers in particular need deliverance?
33. What two areas of accountability are needed-in the early years and throughout the lives of those who give pastoral care?
34. What are some of the most important issues having to do with prayer at times of illness and death?
35. Explain why the pastoral care-giverâ€™s listening is aimed toward prayer.
36. Explain the meaning of prayers of lament.
37. What is at the heart of lament?
38. What is the goal of pastoral care when ministering to others going through times of lament?
39. What transition occurs in Jobâ€™s life that changes his anguish to joy? Explain.
40. What are pastoral caregivers to do when called to minister to someone in distress?
41. What is the difference between a â€œtherapeuticâ€ attitude and a â€œpastoralâ€ attitude in addressing the suffering of others?
42. Why is community expression of lament so important?
43. What does Scripture teach us concerning disorder in relationships as a symptom?
44. Essay: Karl Barth called sin the â€œimpossible possibilityâ€. Explain the meaning of this paradox in relation to sin.
45. â€œThe very nature of sin is to _____________ ___________.â€ Explain.
46. There is no message more important to care, counseling and conflict ministry than the Gospel message. What are its main points?
47. Explain James Torranceâ€™s explanation of the difference between â€œlegal repentanceâ€ and â€œevangelical repentance.â€ Do you agree-disagree: briefly explain your answer.
48. Why is the order of repentance and grace so important to pastoral care?
49. Summarize the differences between â€œworldly griefâ€ and â€œgodly griefâ€.
50. Explain Dietrich Bonhoefferâ€™s concept of confession.
51. How is psychotherapy different from the message of the Gospel?
52. What is the problem in hierarchical relationships when it comes to confession and prayer for one another?
53. Why is mutual confession essential in the â€œcure of soulsâ€ in todayâ€™s Church?
54. What happens to caregivers who focus on who God is and what God has done?
55. What does the art of pastoral prayer require?
56. Why do situations of grief, as addressed in pastoral care, also call for praise to God?
57. Why is it so important that the Scriptures mold the churchâ€™s care-givers?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.